Thinking about your next career move?
Are you a researcher working in the area of communications and future networks, who is thinking about your next career move? Then a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (MSCA PF) may be the perfect opportunity for you. The objective of an MSCA PF is to support a researcher’s career by building experience through the three “I”s: International, Intersectoral and Interdisciplinary. An MSCA PF offers you the possibility to take the next step in your career with CONNECT in Ireland.
The CONNECT Centre for Future Networks and Communications is funded under Science Foundation Ireland’s Research Centres programme and is Ireland’s national centre for telecommunications research. It is hosted by Trinity College Dublin (TCD) and brings together research expertise from TCD and nine other Irish academic institutes: Dublin City University, Maynooth University, South East Technological University, Technological University Dublin, Technology University Munster, Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork, University College Dublin and the University of Limerick.
“CONNECT’s mission envisions and researches a future of sustainably deployed dependable networks that foster innovation in services and customer experience to empower citizens and improve quality of life.”
Types of MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships
- European Postdoctoral Fellowship: This is open to researchers of any nationality to come to Ireland from any country in the world for a Fellowship between 12 and 24 months in duration.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowship: This is open to researchers of any nationality including long-term residents of Ireland who wish to hold the Fellowship by moving outside the EU for a period of either 12 or 24 months followed by a mandatory 12-month return phase in Ireland.
Funding and Eligibility Criteria
The funding will include a salary circa, at least, €50,000 and supports additional mobility and training costs. An eligible applicant must meet the following criteria.
- PhD status: You must either have a PhD by the deadline for proposals (14th September 2022) or, at least, have successfully defended your PhD thesis by this date.
- Experience: You must have no more than eight years research experience from the date of your PhD award. This limit can be extended for a number of reasons such as (i) maternity/paternity leave, (ii) a researcher intending to re-integrate to Europe from a third country, (iii) time not-spent working in research.
- Mobility rule: (i) If applying for a European Fellowship, you must have spent less than twelve (12) months of the previous thirty-six (36) months in Ireland. (ii) If you are applying for a Global Fellowship, you must have spent less than twelve (12) months of the previous thirty-six (36) months in the country hosting the outgoing-phase.
Submitting a proposal with CONNECT
Please complete and submit the Expression of Interest Form by no later than 20th July in the first instance about completing an Expression of Interest. For information on potential Supervisors/Mentors for your Fellowship, see here. A full proposal is submitted online via the EC’s Funding & Tenders Portal by 14th September 2022.
CONNECT is the world leading Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Future Networks and Communications. CONNECT is funded under the Science Foundation Ireland Research Centres Programme and is co-funded under the European Regional Development Fund. We engage with over 35 companies including large multinationals, SMEs and start-ups. CONNECT brings together world-class expertise from ten Irish academic institutes to create a one-stop-shop for telecommunications research, development and innovation.