There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher in ‘Edge Cloud and Cloud Radio Access Network’, under the leadership of Prof. Marco Ruffini and Prof. Georgios Iosifidis.
Status: 1 year contract, renewable
Dept/Faculty: CONNECT / The Centre for Future Networks and Communications, Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin
Salary: Appointment will be made on the IUA Post Doctorate Researcher commensurate with experience, ranging from €38,000 to 50,000
Application closing date: 15 March 2021
Expected start date: 15 April 2021
Application: To Apply, please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com and G.Iosifidis@tudelft.nl.
CONNECT is Ireland’s largest telecommunications research centre. The Centre carries out industry-informed research focusing on wireless and optical networks of the future with a strong emphasis on the technologies that will underpin these networks. This position, under the supervision of Prof. Marco Ruffini firstname.lastname@example.org, and Prof. Georgios Iosifidis (G.Iosifidis@tudelft.nl). is funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI).
One postdoctoral researcher position is available in the area of Edge Cloud and Cloud Radio Access Network, at the optical and wireless networking laboratory of the CONNECT research centre, based in Trinity College Dublin.
The work revolves around the interoperation of edge cloud and radio access network for supporting next generation low latency applications (i.e., augmented and extended reality). It will involve development of intelligent algorithms for the RAN Intelligent Controller for low latency and high availability. The algorithms will be implemented and tested on the OpenIreland research Infrastructure, thus is essential that the applicant has hands on experience with Software Defined Radio and Software Defined Networks. The researcher will work both with the Radio Access and Edge Cloud teams of the research group, and liaise with the optical access team to explore optical-wireless integration solutions.
The position is funded by Science Foundation Ireland, and the point in the salary scale will be appointed depending on the candidate’s experience. The successful candidate will join a team of highly skilled and innovative researchers in the area of access network architectures.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
– Carry out top-class research on the topics mentioned above;
– Carry out experimental activities
– Publish in top journal and conferences;
– Preparation of project funding proposal at European and national level;
– Collaborate with other academic and industry partners;
– Co-supervision of PhD students.
This position, under the supervision of Prof. Marco Ruffini email@example.com, and Prof. Georgios Iosifidis (G.Iosifidis@tudelft.nl). is funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is funded by Science Foundation Ireland (SFI).
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent technical experience in the area of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, with a track record of research in software defined radio and edge cloud. The candidate must be an independent researcher willing to take a leadership role in the optical and wireless networking laboratory.
Knowledge & Experience
Proficiency in the following areas is required :
- Proven experience in Software Defined Radio systems (i.e., OAI, SRS) and Software Defined Networking (OpenFlow, ONOS, etc)
- Established track record of publication in leading journals/conferences, on topics such as Radio Access Networks protocols and control;
Skills & Competencies
- Working experience on the application of machine learning techniques to networks
- Good working knowledge of software programming languages (e.g., c++, python, matlab)
- Solid written and oral communications skills;
- Proven experience in mentoring junior researchers, such as Ph.D. students.
CONNECT is the world leading Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Future Networks and Communications. CONNECT is funded under the Science Foundation Ireland Research Centres Programme and is co-funded under the European Regional Development Fund. We engage with over 35 companies including large multinationals, SMEs and start-ups. CONNECT brings together world-class expertise from ten Irish academic institutes to create a one-stop-shop for telecommunications research, development and innovation.